The Complete Guide for Celebrating Irish Culture the Topeka Way!
Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day has been a rich tradition in Topeka since the early 80’s and this year we’re in for a big time celebration! Here’s the perfect way to join the fun:
Celtic Fox: March 17 starting at 9 AM
- While most of the Irish festivities will take place on Saturday the 18th, the Celtic Fox will be hosting a an Irish Breakfast the morning of St. Patrick’s Day.
Blarney Breakfast: March 18 from 7 AM – 10 AM
- Get your day started right by stopping by the Blind Tiger for a special Blarney Breakfast! A tasty breakfast spread that helps support the Capper Foundation.
Irishfest: March 18 starting at 10 AM
- Be sure to stop by Evergy Plaza for Irishfest, where there will be vendors, live Irish music, Irish dances, cornhole, yard jenga and much more! Then after conclusion of the parade, at 2 p.m., the band “Carswell & Hope” will start to perform.
- Don’t forget about the Irishfest 5k! Register here: Irishfest5k.com
St. Patrick’s Day Parade: March 18 starting at 12 PM
- Throw on some green and head downtown to cheer on and celebrate the good ole Irishmen and Irishwomen as they March through town on exciting and creative floats. You don’t even have to be Irish, it’s fun for everyone!
- The parade will move south down Kansas Avenue until it reaches Southwest 10th Avenue at which point it will turn west to the intersection of Southwest 10th Avenue and Southwest Jackson Street. The parade will then move north on Southwest Jackson Street back up to Southwest 4th Street, where it will end.
Be sure to join in on the fun! We can’t wait to party with the whole community!